Tue, Jul 25|
ACADEMY TRIP: Hollywood Bowl Picnic and Show- Rhapsody in Blue -Gershwin
Classical Concert - LA Philharmonic
Time & Location
Jul 25, 2023, 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Los Angeles, 2301 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068, USA
About the event
About the Artist:
At times pulse-pounding and at others overflowing with lush sounds of longing, the “New World” Symphony blends the diverse ideas of America into memorable musical atmospheres and unforgettable melodies. National Medal of Arts awardee Leonard Slatkin leads the LA Phil in Dvořák’s timeless favorite.
Japanese jazz pianist Makoto Ozone has had a prolific and celebrated career, recording more than 40 albums with jazz royalty including Branford Marsalis and Chick Corea. When he brought his limitless energy and creativity to a performance of Rhapsody in Blue with orchestra, The New York Times raved that it was “a thrilling, virtuosic, and unabashedly personal rendition” that above all else was just plain fun for both the musicians on stage and everyone in the audience.
LJMA Event Details:
- For those opting for included transport, meet at Clover Park in Santa Monica at 5pm. A 15 seat minibus will then leave at 5.15pm sharp. Student will ride together to and from the Hollywood Bowl and get dropped of between 10pm - 10.30pm. (depending on the show)
- Students need to bring a backpack containing a packed dinner, blanket and warm sweater. You are welcome to bring money for food instead but it can get pricey.
- Students and teachers will dine together for a pre-show picnic, chat and play games. Each show has an intermission and students are welcome to bring money for snacks.
- Parents are welcome to join us but transport is only offered to students. Parents please opt to drive if you choose to join us.
- Those that are not driving with the group in the provided transport will have to meet us at the Hollywood Bowl at 6.30pm to join in with the picnic.
- Those that do not wish to join in for the picnic must arrive for the show no later than 7.15pm
- All students are expected to hang out as a group and are not permitted to wander off on their own.
- These academy trips are open to all LJMA students however for students younger than 10 years old, we request that parents attend the show and are responsoble for their childs transport to and from the venue.
- $15.00+$0.38 service fee
Transport to and from venue
15 seater minibus hired especially for this event. Super fun for all the kids to ride together but limited spaces, first come first serve.$35.00+$0.88 service fee